Photos and rights of use:
By sending in the photo, the entrant confirms that he/she fully owns the rights to the photo submitted and he/she owns unrestricted utilization rights to all parts of the photo. The entrant guarantees furthermore that the pictures are free from third party rights and in the representation or depiction of persons no personal rights have been violated.
If one or several persons are identifiable depicted in the photo, those concerned must agree to the pictures being published. The entrant shall affirm that he has the corresponding declarations of consent or, if necessary, he can also produce them in writing.
Should third parties assert claims based on a violation of their rights, the entrant shall as from now indemnify the organizer of the photo competition from all claims in this regard.
Where in the picture description the existence of a model release and/or a property release and/or the release/permission of manufacturers of commercial products (e.g. cars, planes, packaging, designer clothing, etc.) is given in the data on the content, the entrant is responsible for ensuring that all required releases by the owner of the property rights are available. If required, a copy of them is to be made available to the organizer of the photo competition.
The entrant shall guarantee furthermore:
- That the information describing the content that is provided to the organizer of the photo competition under this agreement does not infringe image provider rights, trademark rights, the right to privacy, publicity rights or other third-party rights or libel or bring into disrepute third parties in any other way.
- That the creator of the content is named.
- The entrant shall grant the organizer of the photo competition the following rights free of charge:
- the exclusive and irrevocable rights of use and exploitation, unlimited in time and space and with respect to content to the photo, in particular, the right to publish it locally, nationally and internationally, irrespective of the media, i.e. including print and online,
- the right to edit the photos submitted,
- the right to use the photos for reporting and PR for the competition (irrespective of the form of exploitation, i.e. including print, online, if applicable exhibitions and invitations),
- the right within the context of media cooperation even before the closing of the competition to publish them through third parties, irrespective of the media, i.e. including print and online. The entrant shall agree to his name being given in connection with the presentation of the photos
In order to enter the competition, it is essential to provide personal data. The entrant’s contact data saved on registration include: first name, surname, email address and postal. By registering, the entrant expressly agrees that all data given may be collected, saved and processed by the organizer of the photo competition for the purpose and for the duration of the competition. Data regarding first name and surname will be disclosed as part of the publishing of the competition entries submitted to the contract companies of the organizer. The entrant shall expressly agree to disclosure in this respect. Any disclosure of the entrant’s data going beyond this will not take place unless the entrant has given his express permission for this beforehand or there is a statutory obligation on the part of the organizer to disclose data.